What it's all about


The Challenge: Stay away from the craft stores for ONE WHOLE YEAR! This, my friends, is a challenge for me. My craft room is ridiculously overflowing. I LOVE thinking/finding new fun crafts to create and then going to the store to collect the supplies. Unfortunately, many of these projects never get finished; some never even get started. So here I am, challenging myself to not buy any craft supplies and yet still create crafts everyday!
The Exceptions: Inevitably I will need to purchase things like adhesives, glue, and thread. Well maybe not thread... Also gifts are allowed. If a family or friend feels so inclinded to send me a gift of crafts supplies who am I to refuse? I may not finish a project a day, but I will at least try. I have two small children who take up most of my time. I also enjoy other crafts like quilting. Therefore, sometimes the projects just won't get done in a day. But, I promise to try my best!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 12: Doc McStuffins Diagnosis Book

My daughter loves the new Doc McStuffins show on Disney.  She has a doctor's kit and gives everyone check ups.  I was looking at the stores for a diagnosis book and found one for around $8.  Well I figured a 4 year old only needed a cute little notebook, not an $8 notebook.  So I made one instead.
These are the supplies I used.  The Muppets notebook was in the dollar isle at Target. The purple glitter cardstock I had on hand, leftover from a scrapbook page and the heart I cut out using the Cricut.

To make sure the thick cardstock would adhere to the notebook I used the red tape I use for scrapbooking. You can also see how I punched holes in the cardstock and cut slits to make sure it went over the entire cover. Before this challenge I would have run out to the craft store and bought one of those handy border punches that make a notebook punch. I just saved myself another $15 dollars.

Finished!  Looks just like the cute little notebook and my 4 year old is going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment