What it's all about


The Challenge: Stay away from the craft stores for ONE WHOLE YEAR! This, my friends, is a challenge for me. My craft room is ridiculously overflowing. I LOVE thinking/finding new fun crafts to create and then going to the store to collect the supplies. Unfortunately, many of these projects never get finished; some never even get started. So here I am, challenging myself to not buy any craft supplies and yet still create crafts everyday!
The Exceptions: Inevitably I will need to purchase things like adhesives, glue, and thread. Well maybe not thread... Also gifts are allowed. If a family or friend feels so inclinded to send me a gift of crafts supplies who am I to refuse? I may not finish a project a day, but I will at least try. I have two small children who take up most of my time. I also enjoy other crafts like quilting. Therefore, sometimes the projects just won't get done in a day. But, I promise to try my best!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 87: A-10 Applique Blanket

A friend asked me to embroider on a chenille blanket for her.  This is a new one for me.  I thought an applique might work out better.  I think it worked out pretty well. 
Supplies

If you haven't seen this tip before, it is way easier to put your stabilizer in the hoop and just pin whatever you are sewing onto.  It makes it so much easier to line everything up correctly!

Here is what the blanket looked like after I sewed the image.

Then I took my applique scissors and cut around the image, leaving a shaggy look and feel. The photo shows the final baby blanket. I think the new mom will love it.
This wasn't an actually applique image, just an embroidery one so it didn't have the auto satin stitching around the edges.  I didn't want to add that free hand because it would take so much more time and also I wasn't sure that the chenille would work well with too much stitching. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment