What it's all about


The Challenge: Stay away from the craft stores for ONE WHOLE YEAR! This, my friends, is a challenge for me. My craft room is ridiculously overflowing. I LOVE thinking/finding new fun crafts to create and then going to the store to collect the supplies. Unfortunately, many of these projects never get finished; some never even get started. So here I am, challenging myself to not buy any craft supplies and yet still create crafts everyday!
The Exceptions: Inevitably I will need to purchase things like adhesives, glue, and thread. Well maybe not thread... Also gifts are allowed. If a family or friend feels so inclinded to send me a gift of crafts supplies who am I to refuse? I may not finish a project a day, but I will at least try. I have two small children who take up most of my time. I also enjoy other crafts like quilting. Therefore, sometimes the projects just won't get done in a day. But, I promise to try my best!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 105: Needle Case

This little gem came from Simple Quilts and Sewing Magazine.  This is a pic of the one I have actually completed.  I have two more on my sewing desk in pieces.  I am making one for myself and the other two are gifts.  It's perfect for when I am sewing the binding on my quilts while I sit on the couch.  Now I have something to carry my supplies in.  It will also be great in the car! 
I have been a bit neglectful on my blogging and crafting lately, but I hope to be better in the coming weeks.  Every Christmas I make at least one gift for someone.  This year I am hoping to make many.  We are on a small budget this year and I am going to try my best to not buy my children tons of toys they don't need!  Although I do have several cute projects in mind, the best thing?  They will be free!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment