What it's all about


The Challenge: Stay away from the craft stores for ONE WHOLE YEAR! This, my friends, is a challenge for me. My craft room is ridiculously overflowing. I LOVE thinking/finding new fun crafts to create and then going to the store to collect the supplies. Unfortunately, many of these projects never get finished; some never even get started. So here I am, challenging myself to not buy any craft supplies and yet still create crafts everyday!
The Exceptions: Inevitably I will need to purchase things like adhesives, glue, and thread. Well maybe not thread... Also gifts are allowed. If a family or friend feels so inclinded to send me a gift of crafts supplies who am I to refuse? I may not finish a project a day, but I will at least try. I have two small children who take up most of my time. I also enjoy other crafts like quilting. Therefore, sometimes the projects just won't get done in a day. But, I promise to try my best!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 62: Motivation

Motivation is a funny thing.  I love to craft but sometimes you need a break from even the things you love doing, not just the dishes.  Last week I wasn't feeling well and crafting was at the bottom of the to do list.  I took this time to remember why I am doing this challenge.  It wasn't to make a craft every single day.  It was to use what I have and stop spending my free time at the stores buying more.  So I am reflecting on what I want to get out of the next year.

  • Complete projects
  • Don't buy supplies for more/new projects
  • Get craft room organized
Even though I was taking a bit of a break, I did still keep working.  I have a quilt I have almost completed.  I feel as though instead of creating and completing big projects like quilts, I was spending any free time trying to rush and finish little daily projects that aren't high on my priority list. 

I am taking the advice of one of my friends and I have made a jar to save up money for when I am 365 days complete. (303 more days to go!) By the end of the year I should have at least 365 dollars to spend on crafts, a dollar for every day I didn't buy new supplies.  This way I won't feel guilty when I go on a craft supply binge.  Hopefully I will feel proud of my accomplishment.

My jar to save money in. Pretty cheesy but I didn't need anything fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment