What it's all about


The Challenge: Stay away from the craft stores for ONE WHOLE YEAR! This, my friends, is a challenge for me. My craft room is ridiculously overflowing. I LOVE thinking/finding new fun crafts to create and then going to the store to collect the supplies. Unfortunately, many of these projects never get finished; some never even get started. So here I am, challenging myself to not buy any craft supplies and yet still create crafts everyday!
The Exceptions: Inevitably I will need to purchase things like adhesives, glue, and thread. Well maybe not thread... Also gifts are allowed. If a family or friend feels so inclinded to send me a gift of crafts supplies who am I to refuse? I may not finish a project a day, but I will at least try. I have two small children who take up most of my time. I also enjoy other crafts like quilting. Therefore, sometimes the projects just won't get done in a day. But, I promise to try my best!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 68: Project Runway

I am a fan of Project Runway.  I am not a big fan of reality T.V. but I like this show.  I think it is mostly to see someone else's creative process and how it evolves in such a short amount of time.  Right now season 10 is on and tonight's episode they are designing for children.  Awesome!  Heidi Klum gave them baby dolls to take care of while they work and also to help inspire their designs to still be functional. HA!  I love it.  It is making me laugh but also showing how difficult it can be to be creative while taking care of your little ones.  I am a stay at home mom right now and I love it.  At times when I want to be creative it can be very difficult.  I am one of those people who love alone time to be creative, especially when I am on fire. This is not something that is easy to accomplish when you have little ones around.  I am not always creative during nap time.  Inspiration and drive can hit me at anytime during the day. I want my kids to be first, which means my creative ideas get put on the back burner, at least until they are teenagers and no longer interested in my attention. (That will be a very sad day for me.)  This is the main reason I use patterns and such while crafting.  I only have so much time in the day and as much as I would LOVE to spend all of my time being creative and crafty, that just isn't a reality.  So if you haven't seen Project Runway, or are a big fan, and have little ones at home I recommend this episode.  No, today I didn't get a project done.  I did get another few steps complete on a quilt for my daughter though.  This design is a mix between what I have in my stash, my four year old's wishes and my tiny bit of creative input.  Humm... this will be interesting to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment